A TEENAGER has been found guilty of attempted murder after a boy was stabbed 23 times in a St Saviour estate.
Alex De Jesus (19) denied the charge but was convicted by a jury on Friday afternoon following a day of deliberation.
Two teenagers, who cannot be named, were cleared of grave and criminal assault.
A fourth man, 18-year-old Jayden Howard, had already admitted attempted murder and is not involved in the trial.
Outlining the prosecution’s case, Advocate Matthew Maletroit said that De Jesus owed the victim money for drugs and had arranged to meet him near bike sheds at 10pm on the night of the incident, on the pretext of handing over the payment.
Advocate Maletroit said: ‘The victim found himself confronted by four men, at least two of whom were armed with knives.
‘Unarmed and outnumbered, he was the victim of a horrific attack. He was stabbed multiple times and left for dead.
‘It was a planned and targeted attack. The injuries were life-threatening and life-changing.’