Defence advocates representing all the boys, aged 16 and 17, gave mitigating speeches in the morning and called for the court to be lenient on the defendants who had ‘suffered enough’.
The teenagers were found guilty in March of perverting the course of justice by moving an unconscious Mr Huelin (16) from the garage of a home to a road on Sunday 5 July last year to prevent a police investigation uncovering a link between the boys and illegal drugs. Mr Huelin, who had consumed a cocktail of illegal and prescription drugs the night before, later died in hospital.
One of the boys, known as Defendant One, was also found guilty of possessing the class A drugs MDMA and LSD and possessing four indecent images of children.
At 1 pm on Tuesday, Magistrate Bridget Shaw, who is sitting as part of a three-person Youth Panel, adjourned proceedings until at least 4.30 pm while a decision is made and she said the panel were not considering a custodial sentence.
Crown Advocate Howard Sharp again told the court that the prosecution was applying for £4,000 from each of the defendants for court costs.
Away on business? Stay in touch with JEP Extra