Revealed: The top 20 richest people in the Channel Islands
THE top 20 richest people in the Channel Islands have been revealed – and Jersey is home to 13 of them, according to this year's Sunday Times Rich List.
Sir Philip and Lady Green come top for Jersey, with a wealth of £2.787 billion – down £433 million, largely as a result of the £363m cheque Sir Philip had to write to fund the pensions of former staff at collapsed business BHS.
Although they live in Monaco, many of their businesses are based in the Island.
The Barclay brothers, who live on the Channel Island Brecqhou, are top of the local list with a combined wealth of £7.2bn – up £200m on last year.
Moneysupermarket.com founder Simon Nixon is the highest-ranking Islander on the list, which is published in full this weekend. He has an estimated wealth of £1.176bn.
The Top 20
1. Sir David and Sir Frederick Barclay (Brecqhou), £7.2bn – up £200m
2. Sir Philip and Lady Green (Jersey), £2.787bn – down £433m
3. Douglas and Dame Mary Perkins and family (Guernsey), £1.6bn – up £50m
4. Steve Lansdown (Guernsey), £1.48bn – up £80m
5. Simon Nixon (Jersey), £1.176bn – up £150m
6. Douw Steyn and family (Guernsey), £850m – up £150m
7. The Clarke family (Jersey), £500m – no change
8. Tony Buckingham (Jersey), £425m – no change
9. Graham Tuckwell (Jersey), £347m – up £74m
10. Ray O'Rourke and family (Jersey), £306m – down £24m
11. Guy and Julia Hands (Guernsey), £265m – up £5m
12. James Vernon (Jersey), £256m – up £6m
13. Ronnie Frost (Guernsey), £207m – up £47m
14. David Crossland and family (Jersey), £200m – no change
15. Derek Coates (Guernsey), £190m – no change
16. Richard Griffiths (Jersey), £180m– new
17. Gordon Crawford (Jersey), £122m – no change
18. Con Folkes and family (Jersey), £121m – up £1m
19. Brian de Zille and family (Jersey), £120m – no change
20= Roger Baines and family (Guernsey), £110m – no change
20= Nigel Jagger and family (Jersey), £110m – no change
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.