Owner ‘gobsmacked’ by rat-poison ‘attack’ on dog
A FAMILY’S pet dog had to be rushed to the vet after it is believed she ate from a tub of food laced with rat poison – which the dog’s owners believe had been placed under their garden gate deliberately.
Tia Frame, who owns German shepherd-cross Skye, said she was left ‘gobsmacked’ by the incident on Tuesday night, adding that she cannot think of anyone who may have wanted to hurt her pet.
And the States police have now launched an investigation into the incident, with officers due to speak to Ms Frame this week.
Ms Frame, who lives in St Saviour, said: ‘At about 10 pm I let the dog out into the garden to let her go to the toilet and my partner went out soon after and noticed a plastic container had been slid under the gate. We were not sure if the dog had touched it but then she started drinking loads of water.
‘My partner put a bit on his tongue and said that it tasted really bitter and not right so we phoned the police and they told us to get the dog to the vet straight away.
‘When we arrived the vet gave her some charcoal solution to make her vomit and she vomited lots of green stuff. The vet said that it was definitely rat poison.’
The mother-of-one, who works in finance, added that they had never had any issues with rats or other pests near to her house and she could not understand why someone would want to poison her pet.
She also said that there were about five dogs who lived at other houses near to her property and she did not know why her home had been targeted.
‘No one has said anything to us about our dogs and you would think if someone had a problem they would come and speak to us,’ she said.
‘I have not got a clue who did it but it cannot be a normal, rational human-being. I am absolutely gobsmacked.
‘God forbid what would have happened if I left taking Skye to the vets until today.’
Ms Frame added that Skye and her other dog, three-year-old German shepherd Teddie, were not prone to making noise.
‘I have a four-year-old granddaughter who stays here sometimes and goes to bed about 7 pm and she never wakes up.
‘If there was a dog barking loudly nearby and waking up my kids I would be the first to complain. I cannot believe this has happened.’
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the States police on 612612 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800555111.