True grit from sand racers at Millbrook

- Advertisement -

It was great to see the return of the quads and Carl Vardon won all five races, however on the final event of the day, James Leapingwell was clear in the lead when he flipped his quad, and having started the bike returned to the pits leaving Vardon once again to take the chequered flag.There were four seniors with bike captain Oliver Holmes taking the chequered flag in all five races, but he was pushed all the way by Dennis Le Breton, Andy Boxall and Gary Denton who were hot on his heels.

In the second race of the day, Boxall fell off over one of the jumps and had to push his bike back to the pits, thankfully he managed to repair the damage and was able to compete for the remainder of the event.In the 50 cc automatic class, Charlie Mills was back to winning form after suffering mecahncial problems with the first two events.

He was denied a clean sweep of victories, with Lee Le Viellez winning the fourth race of the day.

These two together with Toby Luce pulled ahead of the rest of the field and the lead was constantly changing throughout the five laps.

Newcomer Michael Veloso had the ‘hole shot’ on several occasion, but the experienced front runners soon overtook him on the first bend as he braked too early.

Luce leads the championship from Mills.Birthday boy Samuel Allix took three wins and two second places in the 65cc class to stretch his lead in the class.

Andrew Picher took the other two wins, but a fall in the third race pushed him into fourth place.

Allix has now opened up a 42-point lead over second placed Samuel Luce in the championship.Sam Bingle remains unbeaten this season in the small wheel 85 cc class and his five wins on Saturday won him the Hubert Le Sueur Memorial Trophy.

On the first race of the day, Bingle stalled his bike on the line and the others were gone before he managed to start his bike, but he is so brilliant on cornering, that he soon made up lost ground and took the chequered flag.

Tom Garnham took two seconds, while Aaron Baudin took the remaining three second places.Dane Levee took a nasty tumble on the West Park bend in the third race and had to be taken to hospital for observation.

Having won the first two events, this left Scott Dingle to win the remaining events, from Robert Edwards.

This means Dingle has moved into first place in the championship by 19 points.Jason Thébault won four races in the standard production cars upto 1300cc with Richard Amy taking the other win.

Andrew Fleming is fast improving in his first season and he notched up two third places.

Simon Woden also had some consistent results and he moves into second place in the championship behind Thébault.Carl Waye is leading the 1400 cc class, while Brian Brown made his first outing this season in the standard production cars over 1300 cc class and took all five wins and won the Jamie Dervin Memorial trophy.

Tia Goddard had a second place, but David Price still has a commanding lead in this championship.A problem with the car saw Wayne Le Marquand stop on the back straight and not finish the first race.

He went onto win the remaining four races, but Jon Noel had won the first event and with four second places he earned more points than Le Marquand on the day to take the Bayfield Cup.

Steve Elliot had a good event and scored two third places.Jersey Motor Cycle and Light Car Club officials thanked paramedic Jason Hamon and St John Ambulance for their attendance.The next sand race returns to St Ouen on Saturday 28 June starting at 12 noon.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest Stories

- Advertisement -

UK News

Read the latest free supplements

Read the Town Crier, Le Rocher and a whole host of other subjects like mortgage advice, business, cycling, travel and property.