Finding pensions from previous jobs in the UK

Mike Freer, business development manager, BWCI, for business panel … (36607619)

Sponsored Content

Subject: Pension

By Mike Freer, of BWCI

A READER has submitted the following question: ‘I’m trying to track down a pension from a previous job in the UK. I’ve been in Jersey for nearly 20 years now and I don’t really know where to start. Can you help please?’

It may not be as daunting as you think. Try this website:

It’s got powerful search facilities and access to a database of over 300,000 pension scheme contact details. You only need the name of either the pension scheme or the former employer, in fact just part of the name will probably be enough. Type this into the search bar, hit return and a list of potential candidates appears instantly.

It copes with schemes that have been absorbed into other schemes following a corporate restructuring. If a scheme is still active a link to the key contact is also provided. Even if the scheme is no longer live, the website includes an online form to complete seeking further information.

While primarily a resource for tracing lost UK pensions, some overseas schemes are also included. The website won’t provide details of the benefits, it’s just designed to initiate the tracing process. However, with a name and scheme contact details, claiming any lost pension benefits should be much easier.

– Advertisement –
– Advertisement –