Henry Cavill's new Superman trailer revealed - watch the video here
A NEW trailer for Jerseyman Henry Cavill's latest Hollywood movie has been revealed.
The local film star reprises the role of Superman for the 2016 Warner Brother blockbuster Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
A new trailer for the film was released on Saturday at San Diego's Comic-Con.
- Henry was born in Jersey on 5 May 1983.
- In December 2013 he was voted as the worlds' sexiest man by Glamour magazine readers.
- He was once dubbed the 'unluckiest man in Hollywood' by Empire magazine after missing our in several roles, including Batman and James Bond.
- He is a member of the Jersey Rugby Club.
- On becoming an ambassador for Durrell, he said he wanted to raise awareness of the wildlife park as well as the importance of conservation
The film also stars Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luther.
One scene of the new trailer sees character Bruce Wayne, also played by Affleck, running into a war zone as a battle between Henry Cavil's Man of Steel and an enemy destroys Wayne Tower in Gotham.
The vengeful hero is then seen clutching a newspaper report with the words: "You let your family die" scrawled across it.
As Wayne is then seen holding a young girl close, surrounded by devastation, it looks as if the fight between Superman and General Zod led to the death of Wayne's family, which could explain the reason behind the feud between the two supposed 'good guys.'
- In June 2013 Hollywood came to Jersey to celebrate Jersey's Henry Cavill becoming Superman.
- Ahead of the Jersey premiere of Man of Steel at Cineworld, Henry took to the red carpet for the movies Jersey première, bringing with him fellow stars Russell Crowe and Amy Adams.
- Thousands gathered outside the cinema for the event, during which the trio chatted to fans and posed for pictures.
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.