Where can I get help with Data Protection?

Business | Published:

I run a small business: Where can I get help with my data protection obligations?

SYSTEM (26452941)

Paul Byrne, managing director, PropelFwd, replies:

Whatever the quantity of data processing you handle – whether it is employee or customer data – as a data controller, you have obligations. These obligations are detailed under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018. When running a business and juggling different demands and priorities, it can be easy to lose focus on these obligations. The engagement of an external data protection consultancy can be of great benefit to you, your employees and your customers.

There are several very good legal firms and consultancy organisations in the Channel Islands that can assist; selecting the right one for your organisation is very important.

For a small business, the budgetary requirements do not have to be large and the process does not need to become too complicated. PropelFwd can put in place all the policies, registers and procedures your organisation will need, scaled to your processing activities and requirements. We can train your staff, outlining their responsibilities with protecting the data you process, with a customised online training course or lunchtime sessions, according to the preference of the individual business. Other services PropelFwd can offer include:

Full compliance projects for organisation of all sizes.

Outsourced data protection officers or advisers.

EU GDPR/UK representative (if you offer goods or services to UK or EU residents).

Full data protection training, which can be progressed from Foundation to Practitioner and finally to Data Protection Officer.

For more information or for a free compliance assessment, contact PropelFwd on 488235 or

Sponsored content

Gwyn Garfield-Bennett

By Gwyn Garfield-Bennett
Business Editor

Gwyn is a highly experienced journalist having worked in UK national TV for the BBC and ITN, as well as running her own magazine publishing business, freelancing for national newspapers and UK magazines. She has a CIPR Diploma in Public relations, excellent digital skills and is an experienced digital marketing practitioner. Gwyn is also an author of several books.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.


Top Stories


More from the JEP


UK & International News