Policy for stage five of the government’s reconnection roadmap is said to still be under development, including consideration being given to whether the ten-person limit for people seated in restaurants and bars should be changed.
According to previously published guidance to the roadmap, from Monday the Island is due to move into stage five, with physical-distancing requirements replaced with guidance.
In addition, working from home guidance could be lifted, there would be no limits on the size of gatherings in venues such as controlled wedding receptions, wakes or theatre performances, and up to 20 people would be allowed to attend informal gatherings in homes, gardens and public places.
There would also be no limit on spectators or participants at sports events.
Masks would continue to be worn indoors.
Although the limits on the size of gatherings in venues are due to be removed, the government has not yet clearly defined what constitutes a ‘venue’.
Asked by the JEP if the ten-person dining limit would be lifted, the government’s press office said that information about stage five would be announced later this week, with the policy still ‘in development’.
The Island moved into stage four of the roadmap on 15 March, with the reopening of gyms, swimming pools and gatherings of up to ten people allowed once again in homes.
And on Good Friday a further interim stage came into effect, allowing alcohol to be served at tables without the need for food and removing the limit on dining or drinking time.