Advertising

Fireworks spark roof fire

News | Published:

FIREWORKS sparked a fire at a Beaumont Hill garage on Saturday night.

(26243295)

Fire crew were called to the incident shortly after 10.30pm after fireworks had been let off near the building and caused the underfloor insulation in the roof to light.

Two fire engines were sent to the scene and when they arrived a man was dousing the fire in a bid to put it out.

The insulation was taken away from the roof space before being put out.

Crew Commander John Lloyd said: 'When using fireworks ensure that you have read the instructions carefully prior to use, to have a bucket or two of water nearby, wear eye protection and gloves when lighting fireworks and make sure that they are lit a safe distance away from any property.'

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the JEP

Advertising

UK & International News