Advertising

Warning after BBQ fire

News | Published:

ISLANDERS are being warned about the importance of making sure gas barbecues are properly connected after a fire at a home on Thursday afternoon.

Picture: JFRS

The Jersey Fire and Rescue Service was called to the property shortly before 5pm after a gas cylinder caught fire and began to affect the property.

Nine firefighters attended and the blaze was quickly put out using a high pressure hose reel. Crews remained on scene afterwards to ensure the fire hasn't spread inside the property.

In a statement the service said: 'Jersey Fire and Rescue would like to remind the public of the importance of ensuring that all screw connections from the cylinder to the regulator are tightened using a spanner rather than hand tight and to check the condition of your hose before lighting the barbecue.'

Lucy Stephenson

By Lucy Stephenson
author

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the JEP

Advertising

UK & International News