Advertising

Bonfire sparks shed fire

News | Published:

EMBERS from a bonfire set a shed alight in the early hours of the morning, in an incident firefighters say could have been much more serious had it not been caught early.

Picture: Jersey Fire and Rescue Service

Green Watch was called to a property in St Clement early on Sunday following multiple 999 calls.

It quickly emerged that embers from a small bonfire in the property's garden had blown into the shed, setting it alight.

A spokesman for the Jersey Fire and Rescue Service added: 'Luckily the fire was quickly brought under control as had it been allowed to burn any longer it would have spread to the property itself as four of its double glazed windows had already cracked.'

Lucy Stephenson

By Lucy Stephenson
author

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the JEP

Advertising

UK & International News