Three arrested as Jersey teenager dies after 'taking ecstasy'
A JERSEY teenager has died after apparently taking ecstasy at the weekend, the States police have confirmed.
The boy has been named as 18-year-old Kyle Pringle, of St Helier.
In a statement, the force said they were notified of the sudden death of the teenager at the General Hospital shortly before 6.30 am on Saturday.
They added: 'Whilst subject to toxicology reports and a post-mortem, evidence at this time suggests the death is as a result consumption of "Ikea" ecstasy tablets.
'The man's family have been notified.'
During the weekend the authorities warned that a potent drug, labelled Ikea, was circulating.
Three people have been arrested and a quantity of the drug has been seized.
The States police continued: 'We strongly advise members of the public not to take these tablets in the interests of their health.
'Anyone who does take the tablets and becomes unwell are urged to seek medication attention through their GP or in an emergency, attend at the Accident & Emergency Department.'
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.