Advertising

Baby taken to hospital following kitchen fire

News | Published:

A ONE-year-old baby was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire in St Helier yesterday afternoon.

The child and a 39-year-old woman who was looking after the baby were taken to the Emergency Department for a 'check-up' following the small fire, which started after a pan of oil ignited at a property in La Pouquelaye.

Watch commander Richard Ryan urged Islanders not to leave cooking unattended for any length of time.

Firefighters were called to the scene at around 12.11 pm but by the time they arrived the woman had managed to smother the flames. The fire damaged the electric hob, extractor fan and surrounding wall units.

Get the paper delivered to your door, on mobile, tablet and PC from just 52p a day with JEP Extra

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the JEP

Advertising

UK & International News