Firefighters were first called to an upper-floor flat which had been flooded due to a burst pipe. Several Islanders had to be re-homed for the evening because of the damage caused to the electrics, leaving the property ‘inhabitable’.
While the Fire Service were at the flat, on-call firefighters were called to an unattended bonfire which had got out of control and spread to the surrounding gorse land.
Later in the evening, firefighters were called to a crash in Grouville were two cars had collided at a road junction.
Meanwhile, a couple in St Helier had a ‘lucky escape’ after an element in their water cylinder overheated causing a fire within the wiring box at their home, triggering the smoke alarm.
Away on business? Stay in touch with JEP Extra