• The JEP’s online poll inviting readers to have their say on dogs being restricted from Island beaches drew a strong response – the JEP’s Heather Chalmers reports on your reactions and looks at how the issue is handled elsewhere
• The area around La Folie Quay will get a £3 million makeover, if plans are approved – find out what is proposed
• Potato growers are celebrating one of the best seasons for years
• A woman has been appointed for the first time as head of the Institute of Directors
• Comment from Ramsay Cudlipp
• Our sports pages include a report on a special guest who will attend the next horse race meeting at Les Landes and an interview with Liam du Feu who is now a swimming coach in Australia
• We also have five pages of property advertising, one page of jobs and three pages of motoring
The weekend edition also includes our myTime supplement packed with features on health, travel, food and drink, gardening, nature, photography, books, arts and entertainment.
We have a column from counsellor and psychotherapist Peter Mac; fishy tales from Mr Fish; and an Allotment Corner with Daisy Le Gros.
A full diary of events is also included, as well as a television guide.