• Bold new plans to revitalise Jersey’s tourism industry have received overwhelming support from businesses across the Island
• The man who was chased through town by Jersey’s police chief last month has appeared in the Magistrate’s Court.
• The Lieutenant-Governor was invited to a special reception with the Queen and Prince Philip this week
• A record number of Manx Loaghtan lambs have been born this year at Eversley Farm, St Martin – we have a report and pictures
• We look at some planning disasters of the past – and some good decisions
• JRFC crunch match against Ealing – we have a report and pictures
• Ramsay Cudlipp takes a look back at the week’s news
The weekend edition also includes the myTime supplement packed with features on health, travel, food and drink, gardening, nature, photography, books, arts and entertainment.
We have a column from counsellor and psychotherapist Peter Mac; fishy tales from Mr Fish; and an Allotment Corner with Daisy Le Gros.
A full diary of events is also included, as well as film reviews and a television guide.
COMPETITIONS AND PROMOTIONS
• A competition to celebrate Mother’s Day continues, with youngsters being invited to write an article explaining why their mum is special
• And remember to collect your JEP Kit4Clubs token to be in with a chance of winning a share in £10,000 for your sports club. Tokens will be published each day until Saturday 5 April
Back copies are available at the JEP offices at Five Oaks.
The JEP is on sale at noon