A wedding guest died after he fell from a hotel roof while smoking a cigarette.
Cooper Riswick, 23, suffered fatal head and chest injuries in the fall after he climbed through a window at the top of the Vale Resort in the Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales.
An inquest into his death in Pontypridd was held in private after his family in Ontario, Canada, decided not to attend.
The coroner’s office instead released a statement saying Mr Riswick died on August 10 this year after attending a family wedding at the four-star hotel, where he had been drinking alcohol.
A written record of his death said: “The deceased died at the Vale of Glamorgan Hotel in Hensol park, Vale of Glamorgan, on August 10 2018. He was visiting the hotel with his family, who had been celebrating a wedding.
“In the early hours of the morning he climbed out of the hotel window on to the roof to smoke a cigarette.
“He fell from the roof, sustaining head and chest injuries from which he died at the scene.”
Coroner Andrew Barkley recorded a verdict of accidental death contributed to by alcohol.