Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
STRONG WIND WARNING
Fair with sunny periods.
At 6 am, low 972mb, 100 miles south of Iceland was slow moving. Fronts to the west of Ireland were expected to move east to affect the area by Sunday morning.
Forecast from 1pm Saturday to 1pm Sunday.
- Forecast: Fair. Cloudy overnight, outbreaks of rain by Sunday morning then showers.
- Wind: Southwest to south 4 to 5, increasing 5 to 6 by late afternoon, further increasing 6 to 7 late evening, locally gale 8 in the north of the area, veering southwest to west 4 to 6 Sunday morning.
- Visibility: Good, locally moderate to poor in rain or showers.
- Sea State: Moderate, increasing rather rough to rough.
- Sea Swell: 3 to 4 feet, becoming confused with total waves 9 to 13 feet later.
- Sea Temp: 16
Outlook from 1pm Sunday to 1pm Monday.
- Forecast: Scattered showers.
- Wind: Southwest to west 4 to 6, occasionally 7 and gusty near showers.
- Visibility: Good, locally moderate to poor in showers.
- Sea State: Moderate to rather rough, locally rough.