Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
STRONG WIND WARNING
Mainly cloudy, a little rain later.
At 7pm, high 1031mb, over southern Germany, expected to drift east and decline as fronts over the west Channel cross the area tonight and a low, 1002mb, sink south over Ireland.
Forecast from 1am Friday to 1am Saturday.
- Forecast: Occasional rain, clearing Friday morning. Showers developing from late afternoon.
- Wind: South to southwest 4 to 5, perhaps locally 6 north of Jersey, increasing 5 to 6 for a time in the evening, decreasing 4 by midnight.
- Visibility: Good, occasionally moderate.
- Sea State: Slight to moderate, locally rather rough in the north and west.
- Sea Swell: 4 to 8 feet.
- Sea Temp: 10
Outlook from 1am Saturday to 1am Sunday.
- Forecast: Scattered showers with a risk of thunder, dying out in the evening.
- Wind: Southwest 4, occasionally 5, decreasing 3 to 4 by midday, veering northwest in the afternoon and increasing 4 to 5.
- Visibility: Good, occasionally moderate in showers.
- Sea State: Slight to moderate with swell, locally rather rough in the north.