Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
STRONG WIND WARNING
Rain and drizzle at times.
At midnight low, 961 mb, slow moving over Iceland with associated cold fronts expected to move southeast across the Channel Friday morning.
Forecast from 7am Thursday to 7am Friday.
- Forecast: Occasional rain and drizzle becoming persistent after midnight, perhaps locally heavy by dawn.
- Wind: West to southwest 6 to 7 with gusts to 45kt, increasing gale 8 in the north by late afternoon.
- Visibility: Moderate to poor.
- Sea State: Rough, locally very rough in the north overnight.
- Sea Swell: Confused with total waves 9 to 12 feet, locally 14 feet mid-Channel overnight.
- Sea Temp: 11
Outlook from 7am Friday to 7am Saturday.
- Forecast: Rain, perhaps locally heavy, clearing by afternoon.
- Wind: Southwest to west 6 to 7, veering west to northwest 4 to 5 around mid-morning.
- Visibility: Moderate to poor, becoming good by afternoon.
- Sea State: Rough, decreasing moderate to rather rough with swell by evening.