Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
STRONG WIND WARNING
At 1 p.m. high, 1036mb, northwest of the Azores extended a ridge across Britain and the Channel. Weakening fronts over Ireland expected to move southeast to cross the Channel tonight.
Forecast from 7pm Wednesday to 7pm Thursday.
- Forecast: Patchy light rain or drizzle after midnight, clearing soon after dawn.
- Wind: Westerly 3 to 4, increasing 4 to 5 this evening, occasionally 6 in the north, decreasing 4 around dawn, occasionally 5 in the north by late afternoon.
- Visibility: Good, becoming moderate to poor for a time overnight.
- Sea State: Slight, increasing moderate overnight, locally rather rough in the north.
- Sea Swell: Not significant.
- Sea Temp: 14
Outlook from 7pm Thursday to 7pm Friday.
- Forecast: Scattered showers on Friday.
- Wind: Westerly 4 to 5, occasionally 6 in the north on Friday morning, veering northwest in the afternoon.
- Visibility: Good, becoming moderate to poor in showers.
- Sea State: Moderate.