Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
STRONG WIND WARNING
At the time of issue there was a Strong Wind Warning in force for the Channel Islands Area.
Bright or sunny periods developing.
At midnight, shallow low, 1004mb, centred near Gatwick was drifting northeast.
Forecast from 7am Thursday to 7am Friday.
- Forecast: Fair to cloudy. Isolated showers at first.
- Wind: Variable 2, becoming southeast, increasing 4 during the morning, then 5 to 6 during the afternoon, backing east by Friday morning.
- Visibility: Mainly good.
- Sea State: Smooth or slight becoming moderate during the afternoon, locally rather rough in the north and west of the area later.
- Sea Swell: 3 to 5 feet.
- Sea Temp: 13
Outlook from 7am Friday to 7am Saturday.
- Forecast: Fair.
- Wind: East 5 to 6, decreasing 4 to 5 during the evening.
- Visibility: Good.
- Sea State: Moderate with a swell, locally rather rough in the north and west of the area.