Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
STRONG WIND WARNING
Sunny periods p.m.
At midday, a cold front just south of the Channel Islands moving south. A ridge of high pressure west of Britain moving southeast to cross the Channel midday Tuesday ahead of further fronts approaching from the west.
Forecast from 7pm Monday to 7pm Tuesday.
- Forecast: Some patchy rain or drizzle by Tuesday evening.
- Wind: North to northwest 4 to 5, locally 6 at first, decreasing 3 to 4 overnight, backing northwest during the morning and west in the afternoon.
- Visibility: Good, occasionally moderate later.
- Sea State: Moderate decreasing slight overnight.
- Sea Swell: 2 to 3 feet increasing 3 to 5 feet overnight.
- Sea Temp: 9
Outlook from 7pm Tuesday to 7pm Wednesday.
- Forecast: Occasional rain or drizzle and mist patches clearing around midday Wednesday to scattered showers.
- Wind: West 3 to 4, backing southwest in the evening, increasing 5 to 6 overnight, locally 7, veering southwest to west in the morning, then west to northwest by midday and increasing 6 to 7.
- Visibility: Moderate to poor becoming good Wednesday afternoon except in showers.
- Sea State: Slight with swell, increasing moderate to rather rough overnight and rather rough to rough during Wednesday morning