Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
STRONG WIND WARNING
At the time of issue there was a Strong Wind Warning in force for the Channel Islands Area.
At midday, a ridge of high pressure extended from the Azores to southern Britain and France.
Forecast from 7pm Friday to 7pm Saturday.
- Forecast: Occasional rain or drizzle likely by evening.
- Wind: Northwest to west 2 to 4, soon backing southwest, increasing 4 to 5 around midnight, occasionally 6 in the north and west, increasing 5 to 6 by midday, occasionally 7 in the north.
- Visibility: Good, occasionally moderate to poor later.
- Sea State: Slight, increasing moderate to rather rough by Saturday morning, locally rough in the north by midday.
- Sea Swell: 3 to 6 feet.
- Sea Temp: 9
Outlook from 7pm Saturday to 7pm Sunday.
- Forecast: Occasional rain or drizzle, clearing overnight. Risk of further rain from later Sunday morning.
- Wind: Southwest 5 to 6, occasionally 7 in the north, veering west 4 to 5 overnight, backing southwest 5 to 6 Sunday morning, occasionally 7 by evening.
- Visibility: Good, occasionally moderate to poor.
- Sea State: Moderate to rather rough, occasionally rough in the north.