Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
STRONG WIND WARNING
Patchy drizzle am. Fair periods late pm.
At 7 a.m., low, 976mb, 100NM north of Scotland, moving northeast and deepening, with associated cold front clearing the area this afternoon to be followed by a showery westerly flow.
Forecast from 1pm Thursday to 1pm Friday.
- Forecast: Occasional rain or drizzle, clearing the area by late afternoon. Isolated showers developing on Friday.
- Wind: Northwest 4 to 5, locally southwest at first in southeast of the area, perhaps 6 in the north until evening, backing west to southwest overnight.
- Visibility: Moderate to poor in rain or drizzle, becoming good except in showers.
- Sea State: Moderate, locally rather rough at first this afternoon, becoming slight to moderate by Friday morning.
- Sea Swell: 3 to 6 feet.
- Sea Temp: 18
Outlook from 1pm Friday to 1pm Saturday.
- Forecast: Isolated showers, becoming scattered by evening, with a risk of thunder.
- Wind: West to southwest 4 to 5, decreasing 2 to 4 in the afternoon, backing southwest 4 to5 by midnight, veering southwest to west 5 to 6 Saturday morning, perhaps locally 7 in the north.
- Visibility: Good, occasionally moderate in showers.
- Sea State: Slight to moderate, increasing rather rough to rough on Saturday morning.