Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
STRONG WIND WARNING
At the time of issue there was a Strong Wind Warning in force for the Channel Islands Area.
At 6 am, high 1041mb over Germany, extended a ridge to southern Britain.
Forecast from 1pm Wednesday to 1pm Thursday.
- Forecast: Fair or fine.
- Wind: East to northeast 4 to 5, increasing 5 to 6 by this evening.
- Visibility: Good.
- Sea State: Slight, locally moderate in the north and west.
- Sea Swell: 2 to 3 feet.
- Sea Temp: 9
Outlook from 1pm Thursday to 1pm Friday.
- Forecast: Risk of showers in the north of the area on Friday.
- Wind: East to northeast 5 to 6, perhaps occasionally 7, decreasing 4 to 5 by midnight, occasionally 6 in the north of the area.
- Visibility: Mainly good.
- Sea State: Slight to moderate with a low swell, locally rather rough in the north and west of the area for a time in the afternoon and evening.