Christmas decorations cause two house fires

CHRISTMAS decorations caused fires in Great Union Road and St Saviour’s Crescent last night.

A decorative candle caught fire and the vase it was in exploded in St Saviour’s Crescent
A decorative candle caught fire and the vase it was in exploded in St Saviour’s Crescent

CHRISTMAS decorations caused fires in Great Union Road and St Saviour’s

Crescent last night.

One fire was sparked by an electrical fault with a set of Christmas lights and the other when a decorative candle set a garland alight.

No one was hurt but the Jersey Fire and Rescue Service say that people should be extra careful at this time of year to make sure that their decorations are safe.

Advice

Comments for: "Christmas decorations cause two house fires"

Craic Delia

Poor firemen!!..Christmas callouts in November.. whatever next,burning

Guy Fawkes effigies to be shifted to September,anyone?